County Hotel Tax

Title
Monthly Submission Report
 1 file(s)  3 downloads
Hotel Tax July 24, 2018 Download
Hotel Tax Ordinance 1-2016 effective April 2017
 1 file(s)  3 downloads
Hotel Tax July 24, 2018 Download
Hotel Tax Registration Application
 1 file(s)  5 downloads
Hotel Tax July 24, 2018 Download
Permanent Resident Form
 1 file(s)  1 download
Hotel Tax July 24, 2018 Download
Hotel Tax Exemption Certificate
 1 file(s)  2 downloads
Hotel Tax July 23, 2018 Download

Warren County collects a 5.00% Hotel Occupancy Tax to be used by the Designated Marketing Organization (DMO) to promote and attract visitors to the county.  The county collects a 4.00% administration fee off the top of the monthly revenues for being the organization in charge of this function.  The remaining 96.00% of those monthly revenues are then distributed to the DMO for Warren County, the Warren County Visitors Bureau (WCVB).  The WCVB’s function is to promote hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, Airbnbs, etc., as well as other businesses throughout the county and can be contacted at:  info@wcvb.net or 814-726-1222 for further information and clarification.  They look forward to working with you and will also provide information and materials to benefit your customers as they visit the county and surrounding areas.

Who Must Register?

A customer who is a paying a fee to stay in a Hotel, Motel, Inn, Bed & Breakfast, or Airbnb must pay the 5.00% hotel occupancy tax due.  For example, if your customer is charged $50.00 for a night’s stay, $2.50 would be due from the customer in the form of a hotel occupancy tax.  If the customer is staying for 30 consecutive days or more, that customer is exempt from the tax and must complete the exemption form.

Review the Ordinance to see if you need to file your reports monthly or quarterly and when payment is due to the County Treasurer’s Office. There are penalties and interest if you do not pay.

Who Pays the Tax?

Any Hotel, Motel, Inn, Bed & Breakfast or Airbnb must register with the county and collect the 5.00% hotel occupancy tax from your customer for submission to the County Treasurer’s Office.  Please review the Ordinance to see if you need to file your reports monthly or quarterly, and when payment is due to the County Treasurer’s Office.  Failure to collect the tax would result in a penalty and interest due.

All forms can be accessed on this site for download:  Registration Form, Monthly Submission Form, Exemption Certificate, and Permanent Resident Form.